A few weeks into quarantine and you may be extremely bored inside your Montrose apartment. If that’s the case, we got together with our sister properties and created a list of free things and ideas you can do inside your Houston luxury apartments during this time. The Internet is an amazing place at a time like this, so check out our list below.
FREE Online Courses:
Take online courses in your downtime. And the best part is that many are offering FREE courses right now. Here is a list of FREE Ivy League classes varying all subjects.
We love that our Montrose apartments so close to Houston’s great museums, but for now, we are happy to enjoy that online. Luckily, our sister property, The Grove at Wilcrest, put together a list for virtual museums, zoo cams and more.
Virtual Museums, Zoos and Aquariums To Watch Inside Your Montrose Apartment:Here’s a complete list of museums you can visit virtually
- Highlights: Louvre Museum, Paris Online Tours, National Gallery of Art, Washington DC National Gallery of Art, Washington DC, Washington, DC, United States, Metropolitan Museum of Art The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York City, United States
- Online Courses: Offering a wide variety of courses that you can enroll in for free online: The Museum of Modern Art Online Courses
- 3602 Project: The Met 360° Project: “This award-winning series of six short videos invites viewers around the world to virtually visit The Met's art and architecture in a fresh, immersive way. Created using spherical 360° technology, it allows viewers to explore some of the Museum's iconic spaces as never before.”
- Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Uffizi Gallery, Florence Italy Uffizi Gallery, Florence, Italy
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Live Web Cams
- Georgia Aquarium Ocean Voyager Webcam
- National Aquarium Virtual Tour National Aquarium in Washington, DC Virtual Tour
- Virtual Tour of the Seattle Aquarium
- You can also enhance the virtual tour by incorporating this worksheet:
- Houston Zoo - Home: “ Every weekday starting at 11 a.m., the Houston Zoo is going live on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to bring the zoo animals and science to your home. Zookeepers will hop in front of the camera and give daily updates of what the animals are up to while the zoo is shut down, all while sharing fun facts about the animals they’re featuring.”
- San Diego Zoo Videos
- Zoo Atlanta Panda Cam https://youtu.be/_6wbfVWVk8Q
- Smithsonian’s National Zoo Webcams
- Reid Park Zoo Lion Cam in Tucson, AZ Lion
- Ouwehand Park Polar Bear Cubs Rhenen, Netherland Polar Bear Cubs Camera - Live Zoo Cam
Other Ideas from Downtown District’s Newsletter:
Dinner and a Show: Now you can bring a bit of the Theater District to you with an at-home viewing of the Alley Theatre’s production of 1984. From now until April 12, ticket holders from cancelled performances of the production have week-long access to a filmed performance of the show. No ticket? No problem! Tickets are still available to purchase and are a great way to support the Alley. Make it a date-night by ordering your pre-show meal for takeout or delivery, then settle in for an evening with Big Brother.
Come Alive with the Sound of Music: Get your music fix from the comfort of your own home by streaming live and archived performances from the Houston Symphony. Enjoy a live performance broadcast every Sunday at 8 PM on Houston Public Media News [88.7 FM] or catch a past performance whenever you want. So at the end of a hectic #workfromhome day, pour yourself a glass of wine, kick back and unwind to the sound of Houston’s award-winning symphony.
Get Cultured: Use your newfound free-time to soak up some of the culture Houston has to offer. Explore the Houston Museum of Natural Science and Museum of Fine Arts through virtual tours and online exhibits. Looking to expand your art collection? Check out Adaptation, a month-long local, virtual art exhibit brought to you by Artists4Artists. The best part is, each piece showcased is available for purchase online!
If you’re looking to create a Houston bucket list of fun things to do visit our Houston luxury apartment blog and start making a list of all the local spots you want to visit once the city allows it. Until then, stay strong and let our Montrose apartment team know if there is anything we can do for you.
Looking for a new Montrose apartment? We invite you to schedule a private tour by calling one of our expert leasing agents at 281.688.6478. Be sure to ask about our spring leasing specials and current availability.